Here at Francis Baily we have a fantastically feathery art competition coming up over half term and you are all invited to enter! We have all seen beautiful peacocks, parrots and other exotic birds but this competition is NOT for those. This time we are celebrating the birds that are closer to home. We are asking you to create a piece of art of birds you might find in your garden! Either looking out into your garden or visiting a local park is a great way of finding out what birds you can do, or you can use the internet to research garden birds of the UK.
Full details are on the poster but there is a quick summary below!
What is it?
- Art competition based around garden birds
- 4 different categories to enter (pupils can enter each category once but can enter as many separate categories as they want)
- Age groups are - FS/ KS1, LKS2, UKS2
- There is a category for staff/ parents/ guardians
- Entries to be submitted digitally onto each class' Google Classroom page
- An art competition for everyone to get involved in at home!
- An idea for something to do over the half term holidays
- If you enjoyed the Big Garden Birdwatch at the end of January, this is something similar that you can get involved with
We look forward to seeing all these brilliant birds!
The FB art team