PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 to provide substantial primary school sports funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Department of Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and P.E for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and P.E provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of P.E and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they will do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist P.E teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching P.E ,swimming or Change4Life programmes
- Paying for additional development opportunities in P.E/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in P.E/sport
- Running sport competitions or increasing participation in competitions and the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for P.E/Sport
- Providing additional places for pupils on after school clubs, or additional clubs to increase the number of children accessing sport/P.E
How will we be spending the sports funding and who will benefit?
The Governors have agreed that the money must be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability; that the most able children are given the opportunity to attend training and to compete in advanced tournaments and that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development. See our Sports Funding Plan and Review for more detail.