All pupils attending Francis Baily are expected to wear the full school uniform, as detailed below. It’s an important part of our school identity that ensures our pupils feel part of a team and take a pride in their appearance. Please ensure that all uniform items are clearly labelled with your child’s name. Please help us to achieve these standards by ensuring that your child comes to school correctly dressed each day.
• White polo shirt with or without the school logo
• Bottle green polo shirt with or without the school logo
• Bottle green round neck sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
• Grey tailored trousers (not cargo style or jeans style trousers) or shorts
• Grey skirt, grey pinafore dress, grey tailored trousers or shorts
• Grey, black or green tights
• White or grey socks
• Black school shoes - Sensible shoes of a simple conventional style
• All children with hair below collar length must tie it back
In the summer grey tailored shorts or a green and white gingham summer dress may be worn may be worn.
Green fleeces (with the school logo on) may also be purchased these must be worn as an outside jacket and not as a replacement for a jumper.
The same as the main school uniform, with the option of
• Trainers with velcro fastenings for outdoor wear
On PE days children are asked to come to school wearing their PE kit. Their PE kit consists of:
• Francis Baily green T-shirt or house colour T-shirt (the only logo to be on this is the school logo)
• Black shorts or black sports leggings
• Gym shoes or trainers
• House Colours: Air – White; Earth – Green; Fire – Red; and Water – Blue
For all PE kit, the only logo that should be on the kit should be the school logo.
Please note that during the winter months, dark coloured (no pinks, purples, or light greys and no logos) plain tracksuit bottoms or plain leggings, with a dark coloured plain jumper may be worn for outside PE.
For sports and PE all piercings should be removed or covered, watches removed and long hair should be tied back.
• All children should bring a coat to school every day. This is especially important during the winter months
The following items are NOT part of the school uniform:
- Trainers (except Foundation pupils or for PE), boots, open-toed sandals or high heels
- Jewellery, except a watch and/or a single plain stud earring in either or both ears. If ears are pierced, pupils are responsible for these at all times and parents of pupils wearing earrings will be required to sign a form absolving the school of responsibility in the case of injury to themselves as a consequence of wearing them
- No makeup or nail varnish
- No unnatural hair colours or unconventional hair styles
- No temporary tattoos
NOTE: All the above clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child's name.
Fashion and availability of items from the High Street change rapidly and it is not possible to cater for every possibility with our uniform policy. Therefore, the school reserves the right to decide what is and what is not allowed.
Our uniform items are available from either:
The Kennet Centre, The Mall, Newbury RG14 5EN
Telephone: 01635 38285
You can also purchase uniform online at www.skoolkit.co.uk
4 Kingsland Centre, Thatcham RG19 3HN
Telephone: 01635 864573
There is also an online second-hand uniform shop run by the PTA where you can check stock and purchase items online by visiting our PTA website >>>